09 November 2008

Round Robin Border 1

I seem to be the only one posting here... oh well :(

I thought I'd post a picture of the Round Robin block I've been working on. I brought it along a couple of weeks ago to get some inspiration for what to do with it - I was really struggling with its lack of contrast and excessive pink-ness. Anyway, here's what I did:


I aimed to frame and feature the pink centre without dominating it with my darker fabrics (I also wanted to use something from my stash rather than go out and purchase yet more fabric!).

2 comments:

From the lion's mouth said...

It looks LOVELY! And I will start posting again as soon as I get over my mystery exhaustion - I am starting on another quilt, cot-sized, featuring ladybugs, for a lovely co-worker who has just told me she's pregnant (top secret as she hasn't told anyone else at work). I've bought a little bit of ladybug fabric and I'm going to do a couple of big appliqued ladybugs...

Princess Eleri said...

OMG! I can't believe you made it look so fabulous :-)