15 October 2008

Quilting Round Robin

I'm currently involved in a quilting round robin, and so I thought I should blog about it, and show off my centre block.

Tada!

The round robin works like this: there is a group of five of us, and each of us creates a centre block. Then it's posted to the next person in the group, who adds a border. And so on, until each centre has four borders added to it, and it's returned to the original quilter for finishing off. It's a very exciting adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing all the work the others do.

I also brought along beautiful yarn hand-dyed by my friend (Em) in Adelaide, so I thought I should post the details of her Etsy store (though I see she currently has nothing listed) and her blog. She's actually having a sale at the moment - on her blog - to get rid of a whole lot of yarns, so they're both beautiful and incredibly cheap! Also, you can see all the colourways she's dyed, and perhaps order a custom dyed job. She's injured at the moment (going to have surgery in a few weeks), so her turn-around may be a little slow, however you'd be helping her support herself when she's struggling to work... not begging for her, just trying to help a friend who's having a pretty rough time at the moment...

1 comment:

From the lion's mouth said...

Yes, I bought some, and it's GORGEOUS. Definitely buy some and support the lovely Em in Adelaide!