27 September 2008

Glittens!

It's about time I posted photos of my finished glittens here.

This first pair is the first pair I was knitting, where I tried to match the wool and failed. The glitten on the right is the one I started with - note its gentle mottled colours? The second one on the left is the wool that I had to buy - it's got a much more stripy effect (not as nice), so the gloves really don't match. My sister-in-law's partner, Nick, loved them however, so he scored himself a nice new pair of glittens. Glad they went to a home that appreciates them!

The front, with flaps off,











and the back with the flaps over the fingers and thumb.







Here are the other two pairs I made this winter: the blue pair for my brother for his birthday, while the green pair was for Dad for Fathers' Day.

Front and back, flaps on and off. I liked these wooden buttons better than the ones I used for Nick's - darker colour, and the holes are larger so were much easier to sew on.

I hope the button loops don't get in the way!

No comments: