15 September 2007

The art of Amigurumi!

I just finished my second piece of amigurumi and I love the way they turned out. I first made a rabbit who I am yet to name. I think his ears turned out real cute with all the different purples mixed in.



and here is a photo of bunny's behind to show off his cottontail:



I was so happy with the way he turned out and how quick and relatively easy he was to make that I started on my second amigurumi animal straight away. I bought some patterns off Etsy by one designer I really liked and I especially liked her bumblebee pattern so I made it.



I modified her a little by adding arms, legs and a stinger (what bumblebee is complete without a stinger?). She is closer to the true amigurumi style of having a larger head and facial features and smaller body and limbs. I'm not sure what I'll tackle next. I really should get back to Ed's jumper but crocheting is so much more fun and quicker! Here is a photo of my progress on Ed's jumper. As you can see there is still quite a bit to go.



Perhaps I'll make an amigurumi elephant instead!

2 comments:

Princess Eleri said...

Princess Alana,
I totally want to learn to crochet now - when do the lessons start?!
Princess Eleri

From the lion's mouth said...

Me too! OMG, so incredibly cute!!