17 August 2007

I nearly called off Stitch & Bitch on Wednesday night as I had a pretty bad cold, but I'm so glad I didn't. It was a great night and it's so therapeutic to get into the stitching. I also think that if I hadn't had the push of having you guys over I might not have got around to creating Della's costume before Friday.

Here are the photos of some of the projects - unfortunately I didn't get one of Princess Eleri's stars, which are coming along beautifully. Only seven more to go, I think.


Princess Bek left her red scraps at home, so she started a new pink and denim rag rug.













Princess Emily started a knitting project - it's going to be a really cool jumper, in not-quite-mustard-yellow-and-this-is much-nicer coloured yarn.











I have finished Della's jumper, in record time for any knitting project for me. It took less than two months from the first cast on to ending off the final seam. And yes, it does look much better with the V neck being in the centre and the shoulders at the same height!




























And here is Happy Unicorn Della at school on Book Day. I couldn't get the horn to stay upright too well so she was a bit of a floppy unicorn. By the end of the day Della had decided that unicorn horns were uncomfortable and that she didn't want to be one any more - I suspect that the number of bobby pins on her head contributed to that :(

Due to popular demand, here is the old family recipe for Gingerbread:
  • 120g butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¼ cup golden syrup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 heaped tsp bicarb soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 dstsp allspice
  • 2 dstsp ground ginger
Cream butter and sugar, add golden syrup. Dissolve soda in milk, add to mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bake 60 – 75 minutes at 180ÂșC.

1 comment:

From the lion's mouth said...

Yum! Will have to try the gingerbread v soon.

Good blogging, Kate!